Guess what I’ll get for my birthday?
The most memorable gifts of the past:
- A “pet” pot-bellied pig. (Why, Ernie? Why?)
- A 20 gauge shot gun. (I do like to hunt, but I haven’t had time in the past 20 years. So guess who uses this more.)
- A pecan roll. (He picked this up on his way home from a construction job years ago. My guess is he remembered my birthday at the last minute, and the only store open was a 24hr gas station.)
- A catch dog. (I have never wanted one of these.)
- Fishing pole. (This would have been a good gift if he hadn’t borrowed it and broken it.)
- No gift at all. (He completely forgot, twice.)
The best gifts he’s given me over the years.
- A hand written card, back in the day when we had no money. (I still have this in my wallet.)
- A new laptop. (My favorite gift ever because he totally surprised me with a party at the church.)
- The Shepherd’s Cottage by Thomas Kincaid. (I admit, I begged for this until he gave in.)
- A lock and key, gold necklace.
- Yellow roses. (My favorite flower.)
Are there gifts you want from God? Have you asked for them?
As for my gift from Ernie, leave a comment and share this if you care to guess what my birthday gift will be. Hint: Think inexpensive. He bought me a new car a few weeks ago. 🙂
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. ~ 1 John 3:22 KJV